In a word, freelancing is the freedom to work independently outside traditional service. For example, someone who took business as a profession, they are businessmen, those who are employed are job seekers, and those who earn livelihood by fisheries are fishermen, just like freelancing is a profession.
And those who are freelancing are called freelancers. They need their own talent and expertise.This is an online home based job .You can work from any place,any time.It is a freedom work.There is no Boss,no argument but satisfaction by doing work.
Another word is outsourcing that is related to freelancing.This is Internet system, different organizations carry out different types of work from someone outside their organization. And who are outsourcing are called outsourcers or buyer. Generally they are a freelancer client.
You will get work from different market site.If you don’t like any client’s order or behavior. You can cancel his order.There are different works like Digital Marketing,Data Entry,GraphicDesign,Writing,Video,Animation,Programming,Business etc.
You can choose the catagory as you choice.A freelancer is a self employed person who offers service to clients and clients give order them as they needed.You have to knowlege of computer software and Internet.
As it is an independent profession, so if you choose it as a career, you want to do it, whenever you want. You can do work from small to big companies or a person sitting at home. And you do not need any academic certificate but you have to have proper knowledge and skills in any computer program.
it depends on your performance. There are many freelancers who are leaving from their higher traditional job and they feel that by freelancing they will earn a lot more and succeed.
People of any level can come to this profession. There is no age limitations. Anyone, including students, teachers, businessmen, housewives, can work as a freelancer Or those who are trying for jobs can also choose this profession. A freelancer, maybe a 50 year old man or a 20 year old housewife.
The most popular work are:
- Web Development: Web Design, Creating Website, Creating Web Based Software, Website Maintenance etc.
- Graphics Design: Website design, Photo Editing, Logo design,etc.
- Internet Marketing / Internet Marketing: Internet-based marketing activities, such as marketing on social networking websites.
- Writing and translation: News notifications, short stories, adult stories, and Articles, website content, translation from one language to another
- Journalism: Those who are doing internet-based public relations as well as writing and writing in various national and foreign newspapers.
- Customer Service: To provide important support mean telephone, e-mail and social media through the information provided to customers of local and foreign companies.
- Virtual Assistant : Performing data entry work on various companies.
Where to get work?
There are hundred of freelance marketplaces where this type of work is available. They can get jobs by making their own portfolio. If there is good experience in working, long-term independent jobs are also available in different companies.
Pros of freelancing
Here are the benefits of piecework:
- Flexible working hours – you can choose your working hours, work from Home or work while studying.
- Good work-life balance – without rules, you can take regular breaks and go out with friends.
- Control your workload – you can choose which tasks you need to perform, so if a job is taking too long or not paying well enough, there is nothing wrong with giving it up.
- International clients. Freelancers can work with people worldwide. With the correct track record, you can create limitless amounts of money.
Disadvantages of freelancing
Here are the cons:
- Keeping Up with Taxes Filling out a self-reported tax return can be confusing, but our guide can help you.
- Volatile income: You may have to deal with late payments, and commissions are not always easy to find.
- Distractions at Home It can take a lot of discipline to avoid procrastinating and spending too much time in bed when choosing your own time.
- The work is competitive – many people will apply for the best projects to attract attention to your application.
- Working alone. Search for freelance groups on sites like Facebook or Meet Up to find other people to relax while working.
- To avoid home fever and stay focused, we recommend heading to a coffee shop and making the most of any free Wi-Fi you can find. Public libraries are also a great place to work.
- Breaking things down and changing your workspace multiple times a day can help you stay fresh and creative.
What is needed to start freelancing?
- A laptop or desktop computer.
- Internet connection
- Knowlege of English.
- Desire to work, patience and try.
- Practice after learning
- You have to communicate in English. Moreover, your typing speed is also good.